Find out more about Social Collaboration Software
What is Social Collaboration Software?
Social collaboration software covers private networking platforms that can be used by a company’s employees for communication and collaboration. They can utilize the solution to form teams for various projects, use instant messaging to communicate, and manage their tasks easily. Advanced social collaboration software offer a range of project management features as well as tools for video and phone communication, and file sharing. Your team members can use this solution to share files privately and securely. Leading social collaboration systems include HipChat, Slack, Podio, Wrike, and eXo Platform. For information on these apps as well as other popular ones you can read our comprehensive reviews, and also check out the current topper in this category Asana.
Most Popular Social Collaboration Software
Best Social Collaboration Software
How To Choose the Best Social Collaboration Software
There are plenty of good quality social collaboration tools out there. This makes it difficult to select the best Social collaboration software for enterprises or SMBs. That is why we have prepared this buyer’s guide for you. It will provide you pointers on what to look for in the best Social Collaboration software and what aspects to be wary of.
Get to know each product with free trial
Most leading vendors offer a free trial. This plan is great as it gives you time to check out the app’s features and functionalities at no cost. You can use the free trial period to gauge how a particular app can boost your business. We recommend you start by signing up and trying out the list of apps that have the received a high SmartScore and user satisfaction rating in the social collaboration software category on our website and choose the best social collaboration software for your company. These apps are: Samepage reviews and Cliqtalk.
- Startups and small businesses can use social collaboration software to boost online team efficiency.
- Medium-sized companies can use the tool instead of old-fashioned emails.
- Large organizations can use social collaboration tools to share media and content via online communities.
What are Examples of Social Collaboration Software?
- Samepage: Samepage is a comprehensive collaboration app for small business and big organizations.
- Chatter: Chatter is a real-time enterprise social collaboration app that links employees and drives efficiency within an organization.
- Ryver: Ryver offers in one effective system the efficiency of chat and the clarity of threaded discussions.
- HyperOffice: HyperOffice provides a potent online collaboration tool that can be used to do more than just share files and documents.
- PlushForums: PlushForums enables individuals and businesses to use social media to organize coherent real-time discussions.
Types of Social Collaboration Software
- Enterprise chat – Facilitates team communication by merging private messaging and group chat in both real-time and persistent modes.
- File sync and share – Makes it easy to share files and comment on them.
- Shared task management – Team members can track their own tasks and also share tasks with others.
- Social content management systems – The main advantage is these offer built-in sophisticated document management features plus support for complex workflows.
- Enterprise social networks – This type of software creates entire collaborative environments for teams to work within.
Key Features in Social Collaboration Software
The following common features are part of social collaboration software:
- User profiles – Gives detailed information about each user
- Connections – Helps users connect with others
- Activity streams – Contains discussions and other activities
- Spaces – Helps users post content and share it with others
- Wikis – Users can access content through this feature
- Forums – Customers can post their opinions and comments, and reply to others’ queries
- Documents – You can create and share documents
- Websites – Customer portals can be created for self-service
- Unified search – Helps to make search easy
- Dashboards – Provide a quick glance at important data
- Calendars – Help to keep track of appointments and deadlines
- Tasks management – Help you manage tasks and get them done on schedule
- Mobile apps – You can use them to access the system on your smartphone or tablet
Benefits of a Good Social Collaboration Software
A top quality social collaboration software offers the following benefits:
- Better understanding of projects throughout the company
- Easier transfer of knowledge
- Helps to build stronger teams through effective communication
- You can build better products when employees use social collaboration software for product enhancements
- The work culture in a company improves when employees support each other through social collaboration
Interaction Supported by Social Collaboration Software
Social collaboration software supports the following four common types of interaction:
- Work collaboration – This occurs when employees work closely together towards shared goals. Examples are task forces, project teams, and functional units.
- Knowledge sharing – In companies, employees transfer their expertise and know-how to other workers.
- Cooperation – This happens when employees with different goals work together around some activity or project to help everyone get what they need.
- Community – This happens when employees connect with each other, feel a sense of camaraderie, and create emotional bonds. Building community across functions, locations, and teams can boost employee engagement.
Watch out for the following trends in the development of social collaboration software:
- SMAC – These are social, mobile, analytics, and cloud. The need of the hour is for all of these technologies to come together to offer a unified experience.
- Great user experience – This is the age of the millennials who are used to platforms like Twitter and Facebook. This generation will not settle for anything less than an awesome user interface.
- Unification – Social collaboration software vendors are working towards developing a unified database of all data and content that people generate and consume. They are attempting to bring social collaboration and sharing to email user interface.
The following issues can hamper your company’s successful adoption of social collaboration software:
- Not telling your employees: It makes no sense if you invest in a social collaboration software, but do not tell your employees about the benefits of using it. Build interest among your employees and motivate them to use the tool to boost productivity.
- Not picking the right tools: You should select a social collaboration software that benefits the entire organization and not just one unit. Most of your workers should be able to relate to the tool and it should help your company with tangible results such as simplifying a difficult business process or boosting user productivity.
- Utilizing a static tool: The software should be able to scale up to the growing needs of your company. You should be able to find innovative uses for the application and it should be able to serve multiple goals in the future.
We hope this buyer’s guide has made you an expert on what to look for in social collaboration software. Be clear about your requirements and shortlist systems that offer what you need to zero in on the right app for your company.
List of Social Collaboration Software Companies
Page last modified
Our review platform employs our proprietary SmartScore™ algorithm to examine all the software in the Collaboration Software category so that we can help you decide on the best possible app. It analyzes the following aspects: individual features, collaboration possibilities, custom elements, integrations with other services, intuitiveness, customer support, security, mobile support, scores in other media. As of now, Wrike is the leader in this category and is recommended by our experts. Following thorough examination it got the best results among its competitors and our reviewers strongly suggest that you consider it as one of the choices for your business.
A summary of total user satisfaction with the service in the Collaboration Software category based on our unique algorythm that finds user reviews, comments and opinions across a broad range of social media sites to help you make an informed investment choice.
Every vendor in the Collaboration Software category will offer a different group of pricing packages for its app and each plan will include a different group of features. Below we list the overal pricing for the cheapest package provided for each service. Keep in mind that advanced features may have an extra cost.
An analysis of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by the listed B2B tools in the Collaboration Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Learn what languages and countries are served by the popular B2B solutions in the Collaboration Software category, including solutions aimed at international markets and prepared for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Find out what pricing packages are supported by the vendors in the Collaboration Software category to check which one suits your business preferences and budget best. Be aware that some apps can support free or freemium accounts for you to try out first.
A brief look at what types of customers a specific B2B platform in the Collaboration Software category is designed for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.