Find out more about Project Collaboration Software
What is Project Collaboration Software?
Project collaboration software can help your company’s staff members as well business units to collaborate effectively on project tasks. The solution can keep all users informed about updates and assist you to complete work on schedule. It can also help your team members to communicate easily and you can spot barriers and obstacles early and overcome them quickly. Another notable feature is you can store all project materials in a secure location and grant secure access to users on a case by case basis. If your company employs workers in different locations you should definitely invest in a quality project collaboration software, as it can help these employees to work together seamlessly in real time. To get yourself the most suitable application, compare our current leader Wrike with the other popular software solutions in this category.
Most Popular Project Collaboration Software
Best Project Collaboration Software
How to Choose the Best Project Collaboration Software
Selecting a suitable project collaboration software for enterprises or SMBs can be a tricky task given the scores of apps out there. To help you out, we have prepared this buyer’s guide which gives you tips on the list of important features of project collaboration software and how to differentiate the best Project Collaboration software from the ordinary ones.
Get to know each product with free trial
Many project collaboration software vendors offer a free trial to help users test drive their app’s features free of cost. The free trial period gives you ample time to understand how a particular software can boost your business’s online productivity and growth. We recommend you start by shortlisting and registering for the free trials of the following project collaboration apps which have received a high SmartScore and customer satisfaction rating to choose the best project collaboration software for your company: Projectplace reviews, Nutcache, eXo Platform, Mavenlink, Workfront, Samepage, and Slack.
- Startups and small businesses can use project collaboration software to share and collaborate on information.
- Growing organizations and mid-sized companies can utilize the software for team communication and collaboration.
- Large enterprises and multinational companies can make use of the software to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
What are Examples of Project Collaboration Software?
- Trello: As a collaboration software, Trello helps members to discuss projects in real time.
- eXo Platform: eXo Platform is a top rate open source social networking solution for small business and large organizations that is also designed as an intelligent collaboration tool.
- Nutcache: Nutcache puts efficiency in your quote to collection process, from estimates to getting paid.
- Mavenlink: Mavenlink offers a simple, intuitive platform to manage all project and team activities.
- Samepage: Samepage is a single platform that helps team collaboration through functionalities such as scheduling, task lists, conversations, and instant messages.
Types of Project Collaboration Software
There are three main types of project collaboration software:
- Communication apps – These platforms include chat and instant messaging features.
- Conferencing apps – Groupware tools enable real-time collaboration of project members who can make use of a unified view screen. One presenter can control the view screen, and other members can offer their inputs by chatting or talking.
- Coordination apps – This is a recent collaboration software type that has high growth potential. Coordination software applications help you handle complex interdependent tasks with a common aim.
Key Features in Project Collaboration Software
The following core features are part of a good project collaboration software:
- Real-time collaboration (stream, forums, chat) – You can communicate with your team members in real time
- Team collaboration (wiki, meetings, calendar) – These features facilitate easy collaboration for project success
- Group calendar – Helps you keep track of deadlines and appointments
- Email/document sharing – You can easily hare emails, files, and documents with others
Benefits of a Good Project Collaboration Software
A top quality project collaboration software offers the following benefits:
- Minimizes email clutter by moving all your project-related communication to a central place
- You can maintain a historic information footprint of all details that have taken place in all client projects
- The software can generate insightful reports that allow you to view project score cards, timelines, time spent on projects, work load, and project activity
- You can delegate and track tasks easily
- Makes communication simple and enables you to track multiple projects and employees in one place
- Top project collaboration apps allow you to customize them with your company colors and logo
The following trends are guiding the ongoing growth of project collaboration software:
- Better collaboration through mobile/BYOD: Mobile devices are becoming more popular than desktop units for internet access and browsing email. This makes it essential for project collaboration software vendors to recognize the trend and invest in mobile apps to enable users to work from anywhere, anytime.
- Need for systems that work together: There is an increasing demand for systems that integrate easily with other products. End users should be able customize these integrations for their needs. Smooth integration with popular business systems and applications enhances the capabilities of the project collaboration software and boosts company productivity.
- Growing importance of social collaboration tools: Social networking solutions are overshadowing email as the main channel for collaboration and communication. Top companies are recognizing this trend and are making use of internal or cloud-based social collaboration apps. Social collaboration software apps are a more effective platform for project collaboration and management compared to email which has many drawbacks.
- Community forums are becoming popular: Many companies are providing self-help resources such as a community knowledge base. These firms are encouraging customer evangelists and super users to take the initiative and help other users in forums. Wikis and forums are becoming important as they provide useful information to customers that is offered by fellow users.
A couple of potential issues have been noted while adopting project collaboration software:
- Lack of context – To solve this issue, project collaboration software vendors should focus on providing features that provide context to discussions. This will help employees learn how their responsibilities and actions fit in with the goals of the organization. Plus, it will also boost transparency as everyone in the company would be able to view the discussions across functional groups and departments.
- Linear discussion feeds – This is another drawback as well-devised plans are seldom linear. Users should be able to see how a specific conclusion is drawn, evaluate its success, and view all this in the context of other company objectives.
We hope this article has thoroughly informed you about the advantages and minus points of project collaboration software. Define your business needs clearly and then go about shortlisting suitable apps that have the potential to boost your company’s efficiency and bottom line.
List of Project Collaboration Software Companies
Page last modified
FinancesOnline utilizes our certified SmartScore™ mode to examine all the software in the Project Collaboration Software category to help you choose the best possible application. It analyzes the following factors: essential features, collaboration features, custom elements, integration, simplicity, help & support, security, support for smartphones and tablets, ratings in media. At the moment, Wrike is the leader in this category and we gave it the highest score in our tests. After detailed testing it had the best results among its competitors and our reviewers strongly suggest that you consider it as one of the solutions for your company.
An overview of overall user satisfaction with the products in our Project Collaboration Software category evaluated with our unique algorythm that finds customer reviews, comments and opinions across a wide set of social media sites in order to help you make an informed investment choice.
Each vendor in the Project Collaboration Software category will provide a different group of pricing packages for its app and each package will include a different set of features. Below we list the overal pricing for the cheapest plan offered for each service. Please note that advanced features may cost extra.
An overview of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by all B2B tools in the Project Collaboration Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Find out what languages and geographies are supported by the best B2B solutions in the Project Collaboration Software category, including solutions aimed at international markets and prepared for multi-cultural groups of employees.
Find out which pricing packages are supported by the vendors in the Project Collaboration Software category to see which one fits your business preferences and expenses best. Be aware that some services can support free or freemium accounts for you to try out first.
A brief look at which kinds of clients a selected B2B platform in the Project Collaboration Software category is designed for, from small businesses and non-profits to big enterprises.
A summary of what kinds of service deployement are provided by every B2B vendor in the Project Collaboration Software category. Even though the majority of modern SaaS services are cloud-based certain services might offer an on-site deployment model too.