Find out more about Project Collaboration Software
What is Project Collaboration Software?
Project collaboration software can help your company’s staff members as well business units to collaborate effectively on project tasks. The solution can keep all users informed about updates and assist you to complete work on schedule. It can also help your team members to communicate easily and you can spot barriers and obstacles early and overcome them quickly. Another notable feature is you can store all project materials in a secure location and grant secure access to users on a case by case basis. If your company employs workers in different locations you should definitely invest in a quality project collaboration software, as it can help these employees to work together seamlessly in real time. To get yourself the most suitable application, compare our current leader Wrike with the other popular software solutions in this category.
Most Popular Project Collaboration Software
Best Project Collaboration Software
How to Choose the Best Project Collaboration Software
Selecting a suitable project collaboration software for enterprises or SMBs can be a tricky task given the scores of apps out there. To help you out, we have prepared this buyer’s guide which gives you tips on the important features of project collaboration software and how to differentiate the best Project Collaboration software from the ordinary ones.
Get to know each product with free trial
Many project collaboration software vendors offer a free trial to help users test drive their app’s features free of cost. The free trial period gives you ample time to understand how a particular software can boost your business’s online productivity and growth. We recommend you start by shortlisting and registering for the free trials of the following project collaboration apps which have received a high SmartScore and customer satisfaction rating to choose the best project collaboration software for your company: Projectplace reviews, Nutcache, eXo Platform, Mavenlink, Workfront, Samepage, and Slack.
- Startups and small businesses can use project collaboration software to share and collaborate on information.
- Growing organizations and mid-sized companies can utilize the software for team communication and collaboration.
- Large enterprises and multinational companies can make use of the software to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
What are Examples of Project Collaboration Software?
- Trello: As a collaboration software, Trello helps members to discuss projects in real time.
- eXo Platform: eXo Platform is a top rate open source social networking solution that is also designed as an intelligent collaboration tool.
- Nutcache: Nutcache puts efficiency in your quote to collection process, from estimates to getting paid.
- Mavenlink: Mavenlink offers a simple, intuitive platform to manage all project and team activities.
- Samepage: Samepage is a single platform that helps team collaboration through functionalities such as scheduling, task lists, conversations, and instant messages.
Types of Project Collaboration Software
There are three main types of project collaboration software:
- Communication apps – These platforms include chat and instant messaging features.
- Conferencing apps – Groupware tools enable real-time collaboration of project members who can make use of a unified view screen. One presenter can control the view screen, and other members can offer their inputs by chatting or talking.
- Coordination apps – This is a recent collaboration software type that has high growth potential. Coordination software applications help you handle complex interdependent tasks with a common aim.
Key Features in Project Collaboration Software
The following core features are part of a good project collaboration software:
- Real-time collaboration (stream, forums, chat) – You can communicate with your team members in real time
- Team collaboration (wiki, meetings, calendar) – These features facilitate easy collaboration for project success
- Group calendar – Helps you keep track of deadlines and appointments
- Email/document sharing – You can easily hare emails, files, and documents with others
Benefits of a Good Project Collaboration Software
A top quality project collaboration software offers the following benefits:
- Minimizes email clutter by moving all your project-related communication to a central place
- You can maintain a historic information footprint of all details that have taken place in all client projects
- The software can generate insightful reports that allow you to view project score cards, timelines, time spent on projects, work load, and project activity
- You can delegate and track tasks easily
- Makes communication simple and enables you to track multiple projects and employees in one place
- Top project collaboration apps allow you to customize them with your company colors and logo
The following trends are guiding the ongoing growth of project collaboration software:
- Better collaboration through mobile/BYOD: Mobile devices are becoming more popular than desktop units for internet access and browsing email. This makes it essential for project collaboration software vendors to recognize the trend and invest in mobile apps to enable users to work from anywhere, anytime.
- Need for systems that work together: There is an increasing demand for systems that integrate easily with other products. End users should be able customize these integrations for their needs. Smooth integration with popular business systems and applications enhances the capabilities of the project collaboration software and boosts company productivity.
- Growing importance of social collaboration tools: Social networking solutions are overshadowing email as the main channel for collaboration and communication. Top companies are recognizing this trend and are making use of internal or cloud-based social collaboration apps. Social collaboration software apps are a more effective platform for project collaboration and management compared to email which has many drawbacks.
- Community forums are becoming popular: Many companies are providing self-help resources such as a community knowledge base. These firms are encouraging customer evangelists and super users to take the initiative and help other users in forums. Wikis and forums are becoming important as they provide useful information to customers that is offered by fellow users.
A couple of potential issues have been noted while adopting project collaboration software:
- Lack of context – To solve this issue, project collaboration software vendors should focus on providing features that provide context to discussions. This will help employees learn how their responsibilities and actions fit in with the goals of the organization. Plus, it will also boost transparency as everyone in the company would be able to view the discussions across functional groups and departments.
- Linear discussion feeds – This is another drawback as well-devised plans are seldom linear. Users should be able to see how a specific conclusion is drawn, evaluate its success, and view all this in the context of other company objectives.
We hope this article has thoroughly informed you about the advantages and minus points of project collaboration software. Define your business needs clearly and then go about shortlisting suitable apps that have the potential to boost your company’s efficiency and bottom line.
List of Project Collaboration Software Companies
Page last modified
Our review platform employs our proprietary SmartScore™ algorithm to examine all the software in the Collaboration Software category so that we can help you decide on the best possible app. It analyzes the following aspects: individual features, collaboration possibilities, custom elements, integrations with other services, intuitiveness, customer support, security, mobile support, scores in other media. As of now, Wrike is the leader in this category and is recommended by our experts. Following thorough examination it got the best results among its competitors and our reviewers strongly suggest that you consider it as one of the choices for your business.
A summary of total user satisfaction with the service in the Collaboration Software category based on our unique algorythm that finds user reviews, comments and opinions across a broad range of social media sites to help you make an informed investment choice.
Every vendor in the Collaboration Software category will offer a different group of pricing packages for its app and each plan will include a different group of features. Below we list the overal pricing for the cheapest package provided for each service. Keep in mind that advanced features may have an extra cost.
An analysis of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by the listed B2B tools in the Collaboration Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Learn what languages and countries are served by the popular B2B solutions in the Collaboration Software category, including solutions aimed at international markets and prepared for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Find out what pricing packages are supported by the vendors in the Collaboration Software category to check which one suits your business preferences and budget best. Be aware that some apps can support free or freemium accounts for you to try out first.
A brief look at what types of customers a specific B2B platform in the Collaboration Software category is designed for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.