Find out more about Collaboration Tools Software
What is Collaboration Tools Software?
Collaboration tools software can help your team members work together effectively on project tasks. The software can keep all users informed and help you meet your project goals and objectives. The main benefit is that you can store all important files and documents in a secure hub, and manage them from the same system. The software can enhance communication between team members, and you can resolve all issues early to keep your projects on track. Collaboration tools software is essential for companies that have employees in multiple geographical locations as they can use the system for seamless communication from wherever they are. To make the correct choice, you can compare the leading platforms in this category and you can also check out the features of the current topper Wrike.
Most Popular Collaboration Tools Software
Best Collaboration Tools Software
How To Choose The Best Collaboration Tools Software
Every business is different and each team has its own way of doing things. This makes it essential that you consider your unique business needs while selecting suitable online collaboration tools. This buyer’s guide aims to help you out by providing a comprehensive list of factors to consider while buying the best Collaboration tools software for enterprises and SMBs.
Evaluate Your Work Process
Start by analyzing how your team works. Does it handle structured work with standardized workflows or is the work unstructured with ad hoc tasks and assignments? Understand how your team works and then define goals for what needs to be improved. Be clear about what you want the collaboration tools to do for your team.
Get Your Team On Board
Your employees need to be convinced about the benefits of using collaboration tools. Software usage is primarily driven by the motivation level of individual employees. The proper use of file sharing, instant messaging, and social tools for business can help to enhance collaboration and boost productivity. Therefore, team buy-in and employee engagement are important when you invest in new collaboration tools.
Get to know each product with free trial
Do not get taken in by the features advertised by a vendor. You can judge a software’s ease-of-use, simplicity, and performance only by trying it out. To help, most SaaS vendors offer a free trial plan that gives you enough time to use the product before you decide whether to upgrade it to a premium plan but you still won’t know which is the best collaboration tools software for you business. Get feedback from your company’s users on the strengths and drawbacks of the software before making your purchase decision. You can start by registering for the free trials of the following apps which have received the highest SmartScore and Customer Satisfaction Rating in the collaboration software category: Wrike reviews, eXo Platform, Mavenlink, Samepage, Zoho Projects, and Proworkflow.
- Small businesses use collaboration tools for increased efficiency and productivity.
- Medium-sized and growing companies use the tools for better teamwork.
- Large multi-national enterprises make use of the software to support fast international growth.
Wrike: Wrike offers flexibility to allow multifunctional groups to collaborate and get things done effectively in one place.
Trello: Trello is a collaboration tool that enables your team members to discuss project details in real time.
eXo Platform: eXo Platform is a high quality open source social networking application that is also designed as a smart collaboration tool.
Mavenlink: Mavenlink is a robust online project management app that offers financial, collaboration, and resource planning tools.
Samepage: Samepage is a single platform that enables team collaboration through features such as task lists, conversations, instant messages, files, meeting agendas, discussion topics, and scheduling.
Types of Collaboration Tools
There are two types of collaboratio tools:
- On-Premise software
- Cloud Software
The following factors can help you decide between cloud or on-premise software:
- If your budget is flexible, go for cloud, while on-premise assures cost certainty.
- Cloud software is simple and fast to set up and use, while on-premise needs time to download and set up.
- If you have to meet strict data audit requirements, some cloud vendors may not be suitable.
- All you need to use cloud software is internet access, but for on-premise systems you need to ensure your IT department can provide the hardware, bandwidth, data backup etc.
- Be assured that most vendors make it easy to move from on-premise to cloud and vice versa if you wish to change.
Key Features of Collaboration Tools
- Project management – This feature helps you to track and manage a large number of complex projects.
- Contact management – The ability to tag and maintain contact details related to ongoing projects.
- Synchronous chat – Real-time chat that can be used by multiple participants and the conversations can be stored for future reference.
- Video conferencing – The value of the collaboration tool increases if it offers an integrated video conferencing feature.
- Sharable whiteboard – Whiteboards are useful for teams express ideas visually in synchronous work sessions.
- File versioning – Your team may edit and re-edit important files. File versioning helps you track multiple versions of a file so that you can reclaim a previous version if something goes wrong.
Benefits of Collaboration Tools
Onboarding and Training are Important: It is important to ensure robust employee engagement for successful adoption of collaboration tools. Talk to the vendor about their onboarding and training facilities. They should offer quick start guides, video tutorials, FAQs, and other resources to help your employees get adequate training to use the software effectively.
Integrations with other Apps: The collaboration tools should be able to smoothly integrate with the other business systems and apps you use. This can save you lots of time and improve productivity. The software should be able to integrate with file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox for easy uploading of files, assure sign-in integrations to help you sign in from social media accounts, integrate with social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter to enable you to share content, and offer workflow integrations to create a customized workflow with the other tools you use such as chat, development, meeting, task, time tracking, and calendar software. Look for an API which will allow you to integrate the collaboration tool with your own customized solution.
Day-to-Day Usage and Access: Consider the following factors that can impact the day-to-day usage of the collaboration tools:
- The vendor should offer mobile apps to enable your employees to get updates and work in the field.
- The software should provide recovery options to enable you to access previous versions of files in case something is accidentally deleted or edited.
- You should be able to control the level of permission for each user. This is important if you wish to provide different access and usage levels for each user.
Data Security is Essential: Cloud software vendors have improved their products a great deal of late. The best vendors offer top-rate security features such as encryption key management (EKM), hybrid storage, and flexible deployment choices including private cloud hosting and choice of data center locations. Select a provider that gives you control over the location where your data is stored, how it is configured, when it is upgraded, as well as custom branding.
Understand the Collaboration Ecosystem: Analyze the impact of introducing collaboration tools in your company. Consider the following vital areas:
- Pay attention to compliance regulations and security when choosing a vendor. Your client may require your data to meet compliance requirements such as DOD, FINRA, SEC, HIPAA, etc. Make sure the vendor can help you meet these requirements.
- Centralized or decentralized collaboration – Centralized collaboration places all content in a central location where it can be accessed by all users, unless they are restricted. Decentralized collaboration occurs when only the author can access the content and he or she shares it with others by granting specific access to users.
Analyze the Pricing Model: Understand how a vendor’s pricing system works before you invest your money and time:
- You should be able to shift between different plans according to the changing requirements and size of your team.
- The pricing plans should clearly indicate the features offered and the cost incurred. This will help you to easily compare the advantages and drawbacks of different packages.
Do not opt for collaboration tools simply because they offer great features. Decide whether you actually need all the features and whether you will be getting value for the money you are investing. Select tools that offer sufficient features for your business needs and are sure to boost your employees’ efficiency and productivity.
All Collaboration Tools Software Reviews
Page last modified
Our review platform employs our proprietary SmartScore™ algorithm to examine all the software in the Collaboration Software category so that we can help you decide on the best possible app. It analyzes the following aspects: individual features, collaboration possibilities, custom elements, integrations with other services, intuitiveness, customer support, security, mobile support, scores in other media. As of now, Wrike is the leader in this category and is recommended by our experts. Following thorough examination it got the best results among its competitors and our reviewers strongly suggest that you consider it as one of the choices for your business.
A summary of total user satisfaction with the service in the Collaboration Software category based on our unique algorythm that finds user reviews, comments and opinions across a broad range of social media sites to help you make an informed investment choice.
Every vendor in the Collaboration Software category will offer a different group of pricing packages for its app and each plan will include a different group of features. Below we list the overal pricing for the cheapest package provided for each service. Keep in mind that advanced features may have an extra cost.
An analysis of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by the listed B2B tools in the Collaboration Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Learn what languages and countries are served by the popular B2B solutions in the Collaboration Software category, including solutions aimed at international markets and prepared for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Find out what pricing packages are supported by the vendors in the Collaboration Software category to check which one suits your business preferences and budget best. Be aware that some apps can support free or freemium accounts for you to try out first.
A brief look at what types of customers a specific B2B platform in the Collaboration Software category is designed for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.